Do you have photographs of wildlife and landscapes taken on the Isles of Scilly? We need you!
The Isles of Scilly Bird Group is looking for high resolution images for possible inclusion in next year’s Bird and Natural History Review. Photographs must have been taken on the Islands between January 1st and December 31st 2021.
They need not just be of birds; we would also be interested to see your moths, butterflies, dragonflies, cetaceans etc.
Guidelines for the submission of images for possible publication:
- Images should be 300dpi, 8 bit, RGB.
- Images should be left un-cropped.
- Images should be un-sharpened. This is most important.
- Optimise the levels in Photoshop if you wish but please do not manipulate colour.
- Fill in your details (e.g. photographer’s name, date photo was taken and where etc) in the ‘file info’ field of Photoshop.
- Please do not copyright or watermark. All photographers will be fully acknowledged in print.
- Save files either as tiffs or high quality jpegs and:
- Supply on DVD to the address below,
- Or – request a link to my shared Dropbox folder,
- Or – send them to me in separate emails, as long as there are only one or two images and the un-cropped files are no more than 10 Mb.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer any financial reward for the use of your photos. However, if we publish three or more you will receive a free copy of the Review (worth £15). Two photos published would allow you to buy a copy for £5 and for one photo published it would be £10.
Please feel free to send your photos as soon as you are able. However, the cut-off date is March 1st 2022. Any photos received after that date may risk not being included.
We look forward to seeing your images.
Martin Goodey, Bahn Noy, Holy Vale, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly TR21 0NT firstname.lastname@example.org
Hermit Thrush © Joe Pender